Termites are known as “silent destroyers” because their constant gnawing can go unnoticed until significant structural damage to the home occurs. Termites feed 24-hours a day, seven days a week on the cellulose found in wood and paper products.
Winged swarmers are the first sign to homeowners that termites may be invading and typically appear in spring to search for suitable spots to create a new colony, often settling down in homes that have sustained moisture damage over the winter from snow, ice, rain or wind this spring .it’s important for homeowners to remain vigilant for signs of these wood-destroying pests in and around their property.
The following signs that termites may be present in a home:
- Mud tubes (used by termites to reach a food source) on the exterior of the home.
- Soft wood in the home that sounds hollow when tapped.
- Darkening or blistering of wood structures.
- Cracked or bubbling paint.
- Small piles of feces that resemble sawdust near a termite nest.
- Discarded wings near doors or on windowsills, indicating swarmers have entered the home or swarmers themselves, which are often mistaken for flying ants.
We provide termite control in the following areas: Termite Control Harker Heights, Termite Control Temple, Termite Control Harker Heights, Termite Control Killeen, Termite Control Belton