Fly Control Services in Central Texas
Flies play an important role as pollinators and provide food sources for various animals. However, fly control becomes necessary when flies infest around and inside homes and businesses. If a small fly problem is left uncontrolled, it has the potential to turn into a serious infestation. Some fly species are able to mature from eggs to adults in just seven days.
The Dangers of Fly Infestations
A fly infestation can be harmful in various ways, including:
- Transmitting different diseases associated with food poisoning like E. coli or Salmonella. Other diseases that flies are associated with include typhoid fever and cholera, which causes bacteria in the intestine.
- A fly infestation can also cause financial losses for businesses. This can be done by food contaminations and by gaining a negative reputation from customers of being unsanitary.
- Some fly species can even bite, resulting in itchy bumps on humans.
Using a pest technician is the most effective way for the complete removal of flies from your home or business.
- Our technicians will fly-proof the windows, doors, and vents to prevent flies from entering the property.
- It is advised to upkeep good housekeeping and cleanliness to remove fly breeding sites.
- Custom-tailored fly control treatments for your individual situation.
- Detailed inspections and treatments during regular quarterly visits.
Drain Flies & Fruit Flies
These flies are the most common flying insects to appear around your kitchen. They can often be found inside or around your sink drains, near trash cans, wet mops, and shower & bathtub drains, They are harmless and are more of a nuisance than anything else.
Ways To Eliminate These Flies:
- Boiling water down the drain 1-2 times a day for a week
- Pour baking soda, salt & vinegar mixture down the drain
- Traditional drain cleaners
- Fill about an inch of apple cider vinegar in a bowl and set it out on countertops