Mosquito Control Tips:
- Eliminate areas of standing water around the home such as flowerpots, birdbaths, baby pools, grill covers and other objects where water collects. Mosquitoes need only about a ½ inch of water to breed.
- Screen all windows and doors. Repair even the smallest tear or hole.
- Minimize outside activity between dusk and dawn, when mosquitoes are most active. If you must be outside during those times, consider staying inside a screened-in porch or dressing in clothing that leaves very little exposed skin.
- Avoid wearing dark colors, loose-fitting garments, and open-toe shoes.
- Always use an insect repellant containing DEET, picaridin, IR3535 or oil of lemon eucalyptus when spending time outdoors or traveling, especially in areas known to have increased mosquito populations.
- If you are concerned about mosquito activity in your area, contact a pest management company or your local mosquito abatement district.